 Robotics / Handy Board / 1531
Re: Motor Speeds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 02:03:54 GMT

I had considered doing -100 to 100 PWM in hardware. I even went so far as
to draw up the schematics for it... Then I read the HC11 manual, and
realized that instead of my "little" circuit, I could just use another
HC11.. The internal timer/counters could do the job easily, with very
little overhead. My thoughts then turned to making this "second" HC11 • into
a navigation sub-processor, perhaps linked to the first with the SPI
port.

Consider implement PWM (for Motor Control) with second HC11,
why not implement DC motor Controller with Frequency Lock Loop to
control motor position and regulate motor speed?

Suggested Specification:
M68HC11
PWM Output using TOC 2, 3, 4, 5
Control up to 4 Motor DC