 Robotics / Handy Board / 1519
1518  |  1520
Subject:
IR collision avoidance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 16:27:12 GMT

Howdy,

Is there anyone out there that can explain programming IC for IR collision
avoidance.  I have read the mobile robots book and everything in the IC
manual I downloaded and the 6.270 hardware info but still haven't got a good
grasp of the best approach.  I have got a couple IR LEDs and a decoder I got
a Rat Shack.  I have tried a Phototransistor with an IR LED but the
sensitivity was really unpredictable, with hardly any range. I was wondering
about programming the IR out to pulse an IR LED and connecting the decoder
to a digital input but I really don't know just how.  There is an example in
the mobile robotics book but again I am somewhat confused.  Can anyone help
me with the hardware and code?

Appreciate anybodys help,

Bill Rose
brose@ipa.net