 Robotics / Handy Board / 1513
Re: Motors & handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 22:21:32 GMT

rabbit (Garth) wrote:
Why not use the H-bridge that is already on the bulldozer?

This is also excellent advice. On one R/C car I had, I ended up
having to simulate the signal input to the controller because the
h-bridge was so screwy but it does save you from having to build
your own.

On a related note, Radio Shack sells very inexpensive 'one-button'
R/C cars. These one button cars typically have a receiver section
that receives a carrier wave and then reverses the internal h-bridge
(causing the car to go backwards, when often causes it to turn as
well). If you disassemble one of these cars for the mechanics be
sure to save the receiver. You can power it from 5volts, and use
one half of the H-bridge as a 'remote control pushbutton'. By
soldering three wires (power, gnd, and 'out') to the bottom of this
board I created a one button switch that I fed into one of the
digital inputs of my miniboard (works with the HB as well of course).

This gives one the ability to send a binary signal to your robot
without touching it which can be handy. (this was especially handy
on the miniboard if you connected it to the IRQ button but that is
another story.)

--Chuck
--
cmcmanis@netcom.com              http://www.professionals.com/~cmcmanis
All opinions in the non-included text above are the sole opinions of