 Robotics / Handy Board / 1503
Re: HELP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 13:54:34 GMT

when using DLM, does the downloader make it to the second stage of the
download, indicating "synchronized"?  also, when attempting to
download "config0c.s19," do you give DLM the command line flag
indicating to burn EEPROM and not RAM?  you must tell it to burn
EEPROM with a command line flag.

also, try using "DL," which is part of the freeware IC distribution.
finally, you can try a beta of IC 3.1 for Windows 95, which includes
an integrated downloader/CONFIG register checker.

-Fred

In your message you said:
I hope that someone reading this can please help me with a problem
that I am finding difficult to solve.
I have completed section 4.3 "Micropro and Oscilaator cct" and confirmed
that the oscillator is running. However after section 4.4 "Serial line
and Stop S/W" I have hit a brick wall. I can not get the micro to set
its CONFIG register to 0c. I am using a 486 PC with Windows 95 and
therefore Vadim Gerasimov's HBDL but it just keeps replying with
"Invalid Config reg(0x0D) Try again". I have access to an old 386 with
true MS-Dos so I also tried the DLM downloader with the Config0c.s19
file, but that didn't work either.
The serial comms seems to be working because both the Leds (10 on the
main board and 12 on the interface charge board) flash and I have
double checked that pins 4, 6 & 8 on the COM2 of the PC end of the
monitor lead are shorted together and that pins 5, 6 & 20 on the
interface/charge board are shorted together. Further I have also
checked that pin 2 of the interface/charge is connected to pin 5 of the
main board across its small link cable. At first this extra twist in
comms link form the PC to the Micropro worried me but it seems to
follow what is required by the circuit diagrams? Any and all suggestions
greatfully received. Thanks

Eddie Moxey,
final year undergrad at the University of Essex, UK.
.