 Robotics / Handy Board / 1463
1462  |  1464
Subject:
Re[2]: as11_ic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:26:57 GMT

Hello,

Am I the only one who is still lost with this stuff?  Help!

I see the Mac ports of the as11 assembler on the web site; why can't
the DOS version be put there?

I have been unable to find the assembler on Motorola's web site
despite several searches; also, contrary to what various people have
stated, the 68HC11 manual is not available to download from the site,
and you have to pay for it.

If people have succeeded in the past in getting these things, could
they not put them on the handyboard site where we can all access them?

Richard

_________________________________
Subject: Re: as11_ic
Author:  Fred G. Martin <fredm@media.mit.edu> at Internet-Mail
Date:    12/02/97 18:43

  There are two fundamentally different ways to go about writing
assembly language programs for the Handy Board:

1. Write them as callable functions for the Interactive C environment,
using the as11_ic program.

2. Scrap Interactive C entirely, and fill the Handy Board's memory
with your own assembly language program.

Details for option number 1 are given in the Handy Board technical
reference document. One issue is getting your hands on the as11_ic
program. Essentially, it requires a C preprocessor program. At various
points in the past, I know that people have been able to use the gcc
preprocessor program and get things to work under MSDOS, but I don't
know what the issues were. HOWEVER, Newton Labs has a web-based
assembler that can be used in place of a local copy of as11_ic.

For option number 2, just get a standard 6811 assembler from
Motorola's web site, and use whichever downloader program you have.
Also, please be sure to read Appendix B from the 6.270 Robot Builder's
Guide, which explains the architecture of the 6.270 board/Handy Board.
This is available from the technical documents page of the web site.