 Robotics / Handy Board / 1453
1452  |  1454
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:36:49 GMT

Kent,

I've been reading the documentation pertaining to the
hookup of the Polaroid 6500 sonar and am a little bit
unsure about some of the wording.

Can you please verify with me a few things....
When you discuss the connections to the HB, it is unclear
as to which pinouts you're referring to.
1) INIT -> pin9 of 2nd motor driver
on the HB documentation are you referring to pin9
of the J4 motor output header OR pin9 of the driver
chip socket (do we have to remove chip? If so, please
describe orientation of motor chip.)
2) BINH -> pin1 of the 2nd motor driver chip socket
once again, does this mean we have to remove the chip?
(Describe orientation of motor chip to be removed
ie) from HB docs, is it U10 or U11?)
3) You make mention to putting a 330-1K ohm resistor on BINH
Please indicate within the resistive range which value
would be optimal for short range ie) approx 6"
4) Would also like to know your recommendations on the capacitance
for a 6" range.

Your help in this area would greatly be appreciated.  Thankyou.
Would really like to get these suckers fired up soon. Thanks.