 Robotics / Handy Board / 1443
RE: I agree-
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:39:46 GMT

On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Chuck McManis wrote:

However, like Sean, having a serial port (or two) on the expansion board would
be useful. There is only so much room though.

I agree.  I could use a few more outputs, and a serial port or two.
Having a synchronous serial port would be too good to be true, but
I can do most of what I need with just one more async port over what
the Handyboard currently has.

Haven't played with Polaroid stuff yet, but would love to have that
as an option.

How about a board with pads for several possibilities, and we just
stuff what we want?  I wouldn't mind some extra board area just for
this possibility.  It gets complicated to do this, but I have done
designs before where several possible components with different pad
layouts can fit into one area (only one at any given time of course).
Done right, this makes the best use of a given area for multiple
possible uses of the board.  It can be a major headache doing the
layout though.

Breadboard area is pretty much a must.  I expect it already has some.

Curt Mills, WE7U
Senior Methods Engineer/System Administrator
hacker@tc.fluke.com
archer@eskimo.com
we7u@we7u.ampr.org
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer