 Robotics / Handy Board / 1427
    large # of digital I/O's —Randy Sargent
   Check out the 82C55. In a 40 pin package, it has 24 bits of digital bidirectional I/O, and can be bit- or byte- addressed. It's cheap (like $4 or so in quantity). The 40-pin DIP package is big, but not compared to 3 20-pin DIP packages which it can (...) (28 years ago, 8-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)