 Robotics / Handy Board / 1423
Re: expansion board schematic posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 00:46:51 GMT

While I've only been working with the Handy Board for a week or so, I
would also like to see several more outputs added.  Perhaps some
combination such as 8 digital (CMOS) outputs, and 8 of the
dual-transistor types.  If you could rig it up with jumpers so you
could select either 5v or 9v, that would be ideal.  That would give
considerably more flexibility, if it's not too hard to implement.
If this is asking too much, even 8 additional CMOS outputs and 4
transistor would help a lot.  So far, I've used up two of the
digital outputs, and I'm just getting started.  It would also be
handy if additional instructions were added to IC to make it easier
to access the outs without having to do bit-masking.

Chuck McManis wrote:

I've got one comment "balance". The expansion board adds 24 new inputs and
only 6 new outputs. Perhaps I'm atypical but I don't need any more inputs to the
handy board, I've got those aplenty, but I'm screaming for outputs to control other
parts of my robot. [snip...] But if you had to fix one thing that would make my
life easier, it would be many more digital outputs [snip...] If there was a way to build
24 digital-in/digital-out/analog-in/analog-out lines (where they could be programmed
by setting a register) that would be so fantastic as to make one's robotic heart
weep with joy.

--Chuck

P.S. On the two outputs, either the transistor (open collector please) the the 1A 9v
outputs would be great.

I completely and totally concur, even down to the PS. More outputs are
VERY VERY VERY VERY much needed!!!

| "I'll give up my modem when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers!" |
| John Whitten - brat@naxs.com  http://www.vnet.net/wizorg/wizorg.html |
| Internet Consulting, Unix Administration, Programming, etc. Mail me! |

                            -Bill Richman
                             bill_r@inetnebr.com