 Robotics / Handy Board / 1399
1398  |  1400
Subject:
Motors????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 19:50:01 GMT

Well, I am about to get over the shock of frying my L293's. Now to address
the motor issue.

1)  What kind of permanent magnet motor can I use on a bot that is about 9
inch in diameter.  Right now I have the two gear reduction motors that
really work well but they are three volts so they draw to many amps.  I
would like to stay with what I have already built which is a plexiglass
rectangular base with two 3.25 inch model airplane tires and two casters.

       __sensor_
sensor/    |    \sensor
     / caster    \
    |__  Handy __|
tire   | board|  tire
well __|      |__well
    |    caster  |
     \     |     /
      \_________/

Anyway this is my general layout so far. The sensors are bump sensors and I
have plans for sonar and photoresistors but that comes after I get what I
have built working correctly.  I need motors that will run on the L293's.
If you have any ideas I would appreciate your thoughts.  I have ordered some
293's and they won't be here for probably a week so now is the time to get
the motor problem solved.

By the way I have about (5) IS1U60 Sharp IR demods if anyone is in need,
send me an email and we will work something out.

Bill Rose
Fort Smith, AR
brose@ipa.net