 Robotics / Handy Board / 1390
  IR sensor question

I have a very basic doubt regarding the working of the QRD114 sensor. If we connect the sensor as per the illustration in the handy board document, how do we make the emitter transmit IR waves? what will be the frequency of the IR beams (40kHz)? (...) (28 years ago, 6-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR sensor question

As illustrated in the hb manual, the QRD and QRB sensors do NOT use modulated IR light. the sensors as wired just turn on the IR emitter like a little light bulb, and the received sensor value is a combination of reflected IR light and general (...) (28 years ago, 6-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)