 Robotics / Handy Board / 1317
1316  |  1318
Subject:
bipolar steppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:05:42 GMT

Was wondering if anyone has an alternate solution to stepping
a bipolar stepper?

Currently....
I'm using an H-Bridge (driver if you will) SAA1042 (by Motorla)
which is then getting its pulses from 1 of the motor outs on
the Handy Board.  The direction is set via input #9 which has
been set to accomidate a digital output.  And the half step
mode is hard wired on the SAA1042.  I'm using a "for" loop
with some basic timing and set the motor output on/off at
a speed of 11.  This prooves to be most reliable, but I'm
still loosing a step here and there.  This is my reason for
writing.  I would like to get the motor PERFECT.

Any suggestions?

Adam B. Cox      check out my web page
Computer Engineer http://www.zenox.com/~adam
Zenox Communications Corp. vmail: 416-241-7000 (x224)