 Robotics / Handy Board / 1307
1306  |  1308
Subject:
dual servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 19:48:04 GMT

Good Day,

A consensus seems to be emerging among those who know more about pcode
interrupt structure than I.  The printf function does indeed disable the
interrupts and run that way for quite a long time.  Thus, the servo twitching
seems to be mostly attributable to this disruption of its timed pulses.  Thanks
to all who responded (Fred Martin, Randy Sargent, blavery@acslink,
cmcmanis@freegate, richardb@abac, barry@detroit.sgi, and joe.doubek@privy), it
looks like we got this problem pinpointed quickly.  Not using printfs in dual
servo routines has been an effective solution.  However, don't forget the caps
and high current-capable 6V power supply as well.

                                          Dave