 Robotics / Handy Board / 128
127  |  129
Subject:
Vector 2X compass specs online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 03:13:37 GMT

I'd like to see some specs on the Vector 2X electronic compass just offered
for sale. Can anyone supply same, or a source on the Internet?

  It's produced by Precision Navigation (415) 962-8777, but they don't sell
them direct; however, they may send you the specs.  Jameco sells them for
$50.  Briefly, it's a dual axis magnetometer, no moving parts.  It's
reported accuracy is +/- 2 deg, precision +/- one degree.  Update rate is
about 10 Hz.  Size is about 2x2 inches.  It has a provision for making bulk
iron corrections.  Since it measures the earth's field, it is the output
reading is sensitive to tilt.  I don't know if it lives up to its specs or not.

John-

I called Precision Navigation's fax-back service to get datasheets for this
device.  In case anyone else is interested, I put a copy of the datasheets
I received on our web site at

http://www.newtonlabs.com/datasheets/vector-2x-compass/

It looks like a cool device, although we haven't tried it out.
(We have no connection to Precision Navigation.)

-- Randy