 Robotics / Handy Board / 1275
1274  |  1276
Subject:
step motor interface & control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:05:00 GMT

For anyone interested in using step motors:

I have found a way to use them -

Pull out the L293's chips, replace the y6 clk signal on the motor latch with y4,
then pokes to 0x6fff will allow you to send bit patterns for 2 unipolar 5 or 6
wire stepping motors. You can connect the motors to the latch with a current
boosting circuit that will give enough current for your motors. We used the motor
output header that's used for dc motors. Using jumpers we connect to them through
the L293 chip connectors on the board (this doesn't look pretty, but it works).

The information to do this was not readily available to me -- that's why I'm
posting this.

Cheers,
Bruce