 Robotics / Handy Board / 1252
Re: Ports on Windows NT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 00:23:21 GMT

Dear Chris,

The reason that the downloaders don't work with NT is probably due to
the fact that NT has a hardware abstraction layer, and requires special
code to access it.  I don't think either HBDL or IC has this code.  As
far as the Win 3.1 goes, I'm not sure what might being going on.

- Prabal

Christopher E. Smith wrote:

Hey folks,
    I can't get my HB downloaded on my dual Pentium Pro running Windows
NT (3.51).  Anybody done this? HBDL complains that none of the COM ports
are available, and my event log claims conflicts occur between COM ports
(managed by SERIAL) and ms mouse (managed by SERMOUSE).

    On a different machine (486, I believe, running Windows 3.1) I can
download pcode_hb, but IC gives the synchronizing message (but no OK)
and then hangs, until I turn off the HB and then IC complains that the
board was disconnected.

    I seem to remember some discussion regarding the speed of newer PC's
causing problems, but I think that was a dlm thing.

help,
-chris

--
Prabal Dutta                               Tel:    (614) 299-2566
Digital Micro Systems                      FAX:    (614) 299-2939