 Robotics / Handy Board / 1211
1210  |  1212
Subject:
(# of sensors)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 20:04:50 GMT

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to run more than one servo off the
Handy Board?

My design group and I are building a robot that will perform an
autonomous search routine.  We're in the rough developement stage and
really trying to pin down just how many sensor and controlled devices
we'll be interfacing with the Handy Board and mounting to our robot. So
far we have...
(2) Polaroid Ultrasonic transducers
(3) IR detectors
(3-5) microswitches
(2) servos [hopefully]
(2) motors
Is utilizing this amount of devices with the Handy Board possible?
Is it realistic? (...definitely a loaded question )

Thanks in advance.

Jim Tegarden
ITT Technical Institute
San Diego