 Robotics / Handy Board / 1196
Re: Coparison of Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 15:07:37 GMT

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Tom G. Brusehaver/Consultant Euler Solutions wrote:

Looks like you got too many semi-colons.  Take out the semi-colons on
all the while lines where you want the while to do the following thing.

I agree.  You should only have a semi-colon after a while if you
dont want that while to loop through any instructions.  A semi-colon
after a while tells the compiler that all you want to do is continuously
test the while condition until it becomes false.  In the case of your
'while(1)', you will never get a false condition to end the loop.

The process is getting to the "while(!start_button());" line and
staying there.

Actually I think this is the only place where a semi-colon is not
only intended but necessary;  It is saying "loop forever until the start
button is pressed" which is a handy thing when you dont want your code
starting immediately after you turn on the handyboard.

Also you have too many "while(1)", which will will cause it to get
stuck in those loops.  Maybe you need a break in the loop somewhere?

It looks like from the code that you want to do 3 different
things depending on three different conditions; when analog2 is a certain
amount less than analog3, when analog3 is a certain amount less than
analog2 and when analog4 is equal to analog5.  Might I suggest that your
candle routine have a single while(1) loop with 'if' statements testing
each condition within;

candle {

while (1) {
if condition1 {