 Robotics / Handy Board / 1181
1180  |  1182
Subject:
Assembling the handyboard - ic3b1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 07:12:21 GMT

We have completed building the board.  As mentioned in an earlier note, we
are
using the beta version of Randy Sargent's IC.  Here is some experiences:
  - extremely easy to use.  Fun.
  - thanks for a great product.
Some things are not that smooth - may be because we are still novices at
this:
  - We can't call up our Internet service (on COM1 ?) while the IC is
running
    over COM3, and vice-versa.
  - Once a program such as xxx.c is loaded to the handyboard, we couldn't
edit it
    any more.  When we tried to save the edited copy, it wouldn't let us.
We
    tried stopping the program, unloaded it, etc.  Yet, we had to exit IC
and come
    back to edit and save the program.
  - Command retrieval through Ctrl-N and Ctrl-P doesn't seem to work - may
be
    we don't know how to do this.
We followed the suggestion for sony-ir.icb as stated in the HB specs.  We
modified the lib_hb.lis and IC had no problem in working with the sony-ir
driver.  Worked great.
Thanks again.
Best Regards,
...Ameen & Usman Suleman