 Robotics / Handy Board / 1113
RE: laser diodes II
Newsgroups:
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 20:06:00 GMT

speed of light (same equation except the distance was held constant)

--Chuck

----------
From: Scott Sherman[SMTP:sherman@plains.nodak.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 1996 4:31 AM
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: laser diodes II

Hi,

I am still looking for information on what type of laser diode would work
for sensing objects.  Any info or opinion would be helpfull.

Has anyone tried using laser diodes for detecting objects?  I would be
interested in finding out how they were connected and how they are read
by the controller board.  I am also interested in finding out what would
be best.  I have been looking at the Panasonic Infrared Laser Diodes
on pg 434 of the Digi-Key catalog.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

Scott
sherman@plains.nodak.edu