 Robotics / Handy Board / 1101
1100  |  1102
Subject:
Green light?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:09:46 GMT

Dear handyboard users,

I've been reading your archive and I've found many helpful
hints.  Thanks for all of your passive help.

I am building my handyboard and have run up against a hitch.
Maybe my situation sounds familiar to someone, or maybe
someone has some ideas about what I can try next.

I've built the Serial Interface / Battery Charger Board,
but I can't get the green light (LED12G) to light up when
I run dl.  I tested the circuit incrementally as in Fred's
instructions and everything tested o.k. to this point.

Specifically, the voltages described were close to the
ones that I measured.  Touching pin 6 of the MAX232 to pin 2
of J9 causes the green light to come on.

When I run:

dl pcode_hb.s19

the green light does not light up.  I have a breakout
box connected between my PC (486/33 running either
Linux or DOS, same behavior).  So, I know that it is
communicating on the right port.  Pin 3 on the
breakout box flickers as dl runs.  Pin 2 does not
flicker.

I've tested the connections pretty well and I don't
believe it's a soldering problem.  I've also looked at
the components to make sure that they are installed
correctly.

Any hints are appreciated.  If there are some other
tests for voltages that I could perform, that would
be helpful, I think.

Byrom