 Robotics / Handy Board / 1091
Re: IR relectance Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 04:17:26 GMT

Those reflectance sensors are not made for detecting objects, they are
usually used in something like a shaft encoder.  So the 5mm is the useful
range that they will have for that application.  Not too useful for
object detection.

Digikey 1-800-digikey has those types of (shaft encoder) ir detectors.
As far as I know, if you want to detect objects at a useful range, you
have to build them out of detector modules and a dual oscillator.  Radio
Shack has a schematic of one that you can get by fax but I don't have
the number with me now.  Let me know if you want it.

-Dirk

PS  We (my associates and I) have put some assembly code for using the
   miniboard as a slave to the handy board on the user contributed code
    page.  I don't have that address with me either but LMKIYWI.