 Robotics / Handy Board / 107
106  |  108
Subject:
New IR routines and as11_ic for mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 04:58:35 GMT

Fellow HB friends,
With the creation of the new folder for distribution, I decided to put it
to use.  I have uploaded the following files to cher.media.mit.edu:

257 "/pub/incoming/ic_contrib/dnegro" is current directory.

-rw-r--r--  1 ftp      system       5239 Mar  2 23:31 REC80-IR.asm
-rw-r--r--  1 ftp      system        857 Mar  2 23:31 REC80-IR.doc
-rw-r--r--  1 ftp      system       1577 Mar  2 23:31 REC80-IR.icb
-rw-r--r--  1 ftp      system      65811 Mar  2 23:31 as11_ic.sea.hqx
-rw-r--r--  1 ftp      system        507 Mar  2 23:31 tstREC80.c

REC80-IR is a IR decoding interrupt similar to the sony one except that it
*should* handle more brand names. Akai, Canon, Denon, Funai, Goldstar,
Hitachi, JVC, Kenwood, Mitsubishi, Nec, Onkyo, Orion, Pioneer,Sanyo, TEAC,
Yamaha to name a few.  It decodes the data into two parts; the address and
data or will return 0 if there is no new data.  tstREC80.c is a simple
example of the use of the library and can also be used to quickly learn the
codes to a remote.  My next goal is IR transmit and then IR networking
functions.  Wish me luck!

as11_ic.sea.hqx is a macintosh version of as11_ic for unix.  Currently it
will assemble both regular 6811 code as well as compile .icb files.
Unfortunately I have not incorporated preprocessing yet so it cannot
compile pcode or the library .asm files that have #include directives.  Of
course you can always just cut and past the files in ;-)  As11_ic for mac
did save me a lot of time though, becuase I used it to develop REC80-IR.
It would have been a lot harder if I had to unconnect my board, dial in
with slip and then compile on a friend's linux box every time I made a
small change!  Or even doing what as11_ic does by hand would have been a
pain.

For more information on IR Remotes check out:

<http://falcon.arts.cornell.edu/~dnegro/IR/IR.html>

Most of the information is not really mine, but I wanted to compile as much
as I knew about IR remotes in one place

Also:
<http://falcon.arts.cornell.edu/~dnegro/miniboard.html> (My miniboard work)
<http://falcon.arts.cornell.edu/~dnegro/HB.html> (and HB work)
but nothing really new here.

Have Fun,
-Dave Negro
dln2@cornell.edu

P.S.  To solve my problem a while back with my LCD, I realized that I could
still use it in 4bit mode because only the bit0 pin was malfunctioning.  A
simple edit to the pcode and I was off and running!