 Robotics / Handy Board / 1065
1064  |  1066
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 1996 00:29:16 GMT

have? I want to move a 200lb platform on 8" wheels. Do you think they
could do it? My partner (who also reads this list) thinks I'm nuts to
suggest buying two new drills and cutting them into pieces. My resoning is
that their R&D department spend lots of

Uh, Wow.. My bot is about 30 - 40 lbs so far.. I have the gear ratios set
for a top speed just over walking speed (if all goes as planned). While I
cannot verify anything until I get the bugs worked out, I would estimate
that the gearing required to allow these motors to drive a 200 pounder would
slow it down considerably, if it worked at all. On the other hand, if I had
a 200 pound machine clambering about my house, I don't think I would want
it to go very fast! I will respond in more detail after "proving" my system
under full load.
Lyle Hazelwood (lylehaze@n-jcenter.com)