 Robotics / Handy Board / 1063
1062  |  1064
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 03:33:43 GMT

In regards to the bit manipulations of the timer flags... I concede. At
this time I have neither the mental capacity nor the desire to figure out
what is correct. After copying the paragraphs earlier, I am only sure that
the documents could use some clarification.
I am, however, a sucker for a good puzzle, and I am quite sure that I will
need to sit down and sort it all out at some time in the future. I will be
happy to post any results that I may reach here.. Perhaps I'll use a HC11
emulator to single-step each of the methods, for a better understanding.
In regards to the need for more timers, I agree. While I was impressed with
the array of timers built into our processor, and the capabilities of each,
The need always seems to outgrow the available resources. I have discussed
recently the possibility of adding a slave HC11, just for the additional
timers!, Umm, 3 for 2 channels of GREAT PWM, 2 more to read the quad
encoders, and use the rest of the processor for low-level navigation!
Another great idea for a project, and no time to finish what I am already
working on..!!
All things in good time, or at least the best time I can allow.
As a side note, I just had a discussion with my lovely wife about spending
too much time with the computer, and not enough with her.. Has anyone else
had this problem? 8^)
Definition of hobby robotics: Pastime for the hopelessly
obsessive/compulsive personality..
I do have about 7 hours of each work day open as "free time", but I HATE
trying to work on a DOS machine.. Maybe I'll just have to get another Amiga
for the office.
Lyle Hazelwood (lylehaze@n-jcenter.com)