 Robotics / Handy Board / 1059
1058  |  1060
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:53:18 GMT

What's Happening?? (Or, trying to spark some interaction)
I currently am working on a few hardware projects for the Handy-Board.. As
I may have described earlier.. Current projects include 4 boards, each on
a PC slightly smaller than the Handy-Board. (Hand-wired)
1> An address decoder/Data Bus buffer for the other projects.. This will
   use one pair of Y-Enables to provide four read-Enables and four
   write-enables for future hardware expansion without using all the
   available HB Y-Enables.. It could just as well provide more, but I think
   four of each is enough for now.. The expansion connector for more boards
   is a 20-pin socket.. using 20-pin WireWrap sockets on each board allows
   them to "stack" together for minimum space usage. This board also
   includes a +5 regulator for the other expansion projects.
2> A "Speech" board using an old SPO-256 voice synthesizer chip from
   Radio-Shack. includes a small audio-Amp and connector for 8-Ohm speaker.
   May include inputs for other audio sources and a small mixer. (these
   chips are no longer available from Radio Shack, but I have a source for
   a limited number of them, if anyone is interested)
3> A "Hardware" implemented PWM board for 2 motors is still in the design
   stage. If I proceed with the current design, It will offer lower system
   processor overhead, automatic power-down if there is a software failure,
   and true -100 to 100 speed resolution. I MAY change this design to use a
   second processor and link by SPI if I find it easier and/or cheaper to
   do it that way. At this time, I have little info on SPI programming, and
   less interest in a second processor.. but time may change this.
4> A General-Purpose IO board with eight (or 16) each inputs and outputs,
   all digital.
All of these will link through the homemade-expansion (1>) board OR to a
"Stock" Handy-Board through a harness-adapter.. Either way should work.
If there are any comments or suggestions on these projects, I would be happy
to share more info on these things. More time is currently being spent on
porting IC to the Amiga, But on the completion of this, these projects will
be back on the "front burner".
        8^) Lyle Hazelwood<lylehaze@n-jcenter.com>