 Robotics / Handy Board / 1052
1051  |  1053
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 01:24:57 GMT

Cris,
I just built my HB last week, I can offer these comments..
The green power LED should flash while you are loading the board through
the serial port. Actually, it's more of a flicker, it's just an indicator
of serial activity. As far as the Batt LED goes, Mine hasn't come on yet,
perhaps you need to leave the HB powered down, on the charger for a while.
If the voltage from the batt isn't enough to power the HB, you will get
some flakey results.
When I built mine, I couldn't get DL to work with the board at all, when
told to test it as part of the "incremental assembly instructions". Only
after confirming that I WAS getting some serial echoes from the board did I
continue to build the board, and after full assembly, the board worked fine,
both DL and IC worked great. I suspect there were some "floating" pins at
the first serial test stage, resulting in unreliable operation.

On second thought, If you are still in the building stages, you don't have
the battery hooked up yet. Make sure your AC adapter is providing
sufficient power to the board, and, if you have access to a scope, watch
your +5 supply carefully while trying the test. Another place to check would
be the DS1233-10, voltage monitor chip. It is responsible for an orderly
power-down if the voltage is not sufficient.
Hope this helps..
        8^) Lyle Hazelwood<lylehaze@n-jcenter.com>