 Robotics / Handy Board / 10
  Re: hmph

(...) How about buying a $15 RC car from radio shack and adding a $15 servo to do the front steering? I haven't tried it. I'm using RC-10 cars and they're GREAT. Independent suspension, hispeed, good traction... but several hundred dollars. -- (...) (29 years ago, 4-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hmph

(...) That's a definite possibility. However, I'm looking more for something that has a tread-type drive system, though two independently driven wheels is fine. That allows me to simplify steering the robot, so that I can rotate it at a point. (...) (29 years ago, 4-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hmph

(...) Be careful. Cheap RC cars tend to use 3v motors that want to draw a fair bit of current. Expensive RC cars use motors in a better voltage range for the HB (.e.g, 8.4 or 9.6v), but they draw serious current (5 to 10A easy). -F (29 years ago, 5-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hmph

why not use the cars drive electronics, just bypass the radio part, it would take a little work to find the points where the motors are turned on, but it should work. Just watch out for other people with remote control units. (...) (29 years ago, 6-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)