 Robotics / Handy Board / *6844 (-100)
  motor current trick

I've got a great R/C track vehicle that I want to use as a robot chassis, problem is the 1 Amp motors. I was going to use Kam's suggestion, but then I saw the Sonar schematics. I noticed that the sonar schematics have power coming from the motor (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sharp GP2D02 with out expansion board

Gary, Cool! Could you tell me how you wired it up? I'm a real beginner here and don't know exactly what you mean on that web page by: "This example assumes that port PA5 on the Handy Board was connected to the input of the GP2D02 detector and that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: MOTOR DRIVERS

I also remember seeing people piggybacking the L293s to double the current capability. Thoughts? -chris ----- Original Message ----- From: Fred G. Martin <fredm@media.mit.edu> To: <handyboard@media.mit.edu> Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 2:26 PM (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  line-followers

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate information on line-followers and oscillating DC wire-followers to use with the Handy Board. Which models are the most practical? Where can I find the specs and instructions for these models? What is the code for (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  64K UPGRADE

When upgrading to 64K, could that be done when still using Interactive C? By the way, what's the main difference between 2.8 and 3.X versions? Advantanges and Disavantages!!! Thanks, Paul (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Eltec 442 Pyroelectric Sensor

Hi, I purchased an Eltec 442-3 Pyroelectric Sensor from acroname. I know pin 1 is V+ 5V but I don't know how I should connect pin 2,3,4 to my handy bord/expansion board. I want to use the sensor for detecting people and/or candles. How do I connect (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: fried memory

it might not be permanently dead, but if it's not, it's not working. one (or more) of the outputs of these two chips is probably shorted to ground or shorted to +5v. the chips get hot when they try to drive this output to a state other than the one (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  fried memory

I suspect that I fried my memory chip. The handyboard downloads Pcode perfectly, but when it tries to synchronize with interactive C, I get an error. While the board is off the 62256-12LP and the 74HC132 chips stay hot. is there a good diagnostic (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Expansion Board and Smooth PWM

I really need to know how to get all my files correct to run both the expansion board and the smooth PWM routines at the same time. I downloaded both zip files but am unsure which files to use. Did I miss something on the web page where it says how (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: MOTOR DRIVERS

(...) Hi Paul, I don't know how the handyboard is protected against overload but one thing is for sure : if you overload the driver chip ... this one will fry up.In worst case you'll fry the board as well. If a driver chip's maximum current is 1 (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: MOTOR DRIVERS

It won't necessarily fry the chip. L293s (and the TI equivalent) have a thermal protection mode. If the chip gets too hot, it will turn itself off. Most of the time, this protects the chip against over-current. However, it is still possible to fry (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: MOTOR DRIVERS

(...) Hi Paul, I think it would take out the chip, but I am currently doing this by installing a oversize heatsink & fan to the controller chip and pulsing the motor instead of constant current. Exceeding the max current capacity but, limiting (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: MOTOR DRIVERS

Answer it'll fry the chip Question? Why would you even want to do that? (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  MOTOR DRIVERS

Question? When using a motor which will exceed the driver chip max current, will that fry the chip or the handy board? Paul (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Compiler Errors keep my board from loading

Help!! I don't know how to fix compiler errors! Specifically, I received the following error: "Compiler error! 47 extra bytes left on board stack. " and I don't know how to fix it. I do know that I cannot load programs on my board until I fix the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: What can I do with a robot?

Adam, As far as interfacing to external devices, the inexpensive ones are wheel encoders, IR ranging, bumpers, sound sensors and visible light sensors. You can get much more involved by adding compasses, GPS, video vision and so on, but the cost (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  What can I do with a robot?

A question for all of you fantastic robotics enthusiasts out there: I have to do a final year project next year, and I'm getting a head start on designing it. I've been told that I can do pretty much what I like with a robot, as long as it has a lot (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Analog port shaft encoder

Rob, I use these same encoders just as you do, and they work fine. However, the spacing of the encoders from thier targets is important for proper function. 1.5 to 2 mm works well for me. In addition, I have had to play with the encoder high (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HC11 pink book

Adam, Here are three books for your MCU: M68HC11RM/AD is the M68HC11 Reference Manual M68HC11A8/D is the M68HC11A8 Technical Data book M68HC11A8RG/AD is the M68HC11A8 Programming Reference Guide They are available at: (URL) this helps, - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  How do I connect 100 photocells to my handyboard?

Hi, For a project I'm working on, I need to track the output of one hundred (100) photocells. I don't need great accuracy on any of them, but maybe a ten-step resolution at the most. Is there a relatively standard or well-known method to gather (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  reading sensor input?

I've got a strange problem that probably has an easy solution, but I've been trying to hard to figure it out and am afraid that now I'm missing the obvious. I brushed the dust off my Handy Board to build a robot for my middles school robotics (...) (25 years ago, 24-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Anybody's French ?

Hi all! As I plan to build a Handy Bord, and as I am a bit far away from USA, I just would like to know if there is anyone living in France (and maybe in/near Paris?)... Electronic components aren't really cheap here, so if I could share tips about (...) (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Analog port shaft encoder

Tried what you said Joshua, I went through all the analog ports and manually fed them with a TTL signal from a function generator at a relatively low frequency of 5Hz and wrote this little test code to test it. In this example, the sencdr3.icb has (...) (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Analog port shaft encoder

Rob, Another suggestion for debuging your setup would be to write a program which; 1, anually counts the pulses from the encoder, and writes them to the lcd screen; or 2, Just writes the state of the encoder input to the screen (a 1 or 0). Then you (...) (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Analog port shaft encoder

Hi, I am having great difficulty trying to get my shaft encoder to work using both sencdr3.icb or fencdr3.icb driver. I am using the QRB1114 optical sensor connected to analog port 3 with a current limiting resistor of 330 ohms for the emmiter and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HC11 pink book

Adam: The pink book part number from Motorola is: M68HC11RM/AD this is the general reference manual for the whole family of microcontrollers, there is also a technical data manual with P/N: MC68HC11A8/D this one just covers the A series processors. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HC11 pink book

Hi, I've seen this referenced, and grabbed the link that someone provided the other day. I've had a look at all the different manuals listed, but I can' work out which is the right one to grab. My handyboard has the 68HC11A1FN part number. Can (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM

(...) Yes, I have done it, perhaps others. I use mine nearly every day connected to a GPS, but it has nothing to do with robotics. You're a bit off on your accuracy though, the spec actually says you'll be within 100 meters 95% of the time. I think (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Vector 2X problem

Hi, finally my Vector2X works! Just because of the wrong selection of transistor. Guide comes from Tom Brusehaver (1997). Thanks! Any way, the result seems not consistense as the heading 'hang' when I turn off the HB and on again later. Instead of (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Expansion board - SPI

Hi ... If I fit an expansion board will I lose access to the SPI port ? ... Richard Spooner (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  sony ir function

I would like to know why the sony ir_data() only display 8 bit number instead of the 12 or 13 bit IR message? Does the number represent data only instead of the address or device? Does anybody knows how I could make the handyboard display the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: for loop stack overflow

owen, what's inside the loop. i don't see any probl with the for loop itself. fred In your message you said: (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: for loop stack overflow

Owen, IC integers are signed 16-bit values ... - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Encoder IO board

Hi everybody I have an application where I need to read 4 encoders, I am looking for an accurate encoder reading IO board which can be connected to an IBM PC. I am also looking for the rotary encoders for that. Please if you can help me find the IO (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Please I need help!

(...) I saw a contributed design a while back (on the HB web site, I think) of a multiplexer for running multiple Polaroid transducers off of one Polaroid ranging module. It involved the use of a few transistors and such. The idea was to use extra (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  for loop stack overflow

THis may be a dumb question on my part, but we are getting stack overflows on for loops such as for(int i = 0;i<1000;i++){...} when using values over 100 or so. Is this an 8bit counter thing or something else? Thanks, Owen Popplestone (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Handyboard low voltage motor control

Well, I went with separate h-bridge to maintain PWM and it turns out that even though the motors are geared down, they still don't have enough torque to haul around all the batteries. Looks like I'll stick with 9v motors... Thanks for the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: port addresses

This is the online ordering form for motorola literature (if you are looking for motorola manuals) (URL) Message----- From: SNESS@amcomp.com [mailto:SNESS@amcomp.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 10:27 AM To: jimmn@xnet.com; (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM

I learned that somebody has successfully connected GARMIN GPS to HB. If I am not wrong , this GPS is not be able to receive any signal in building. If this the case, GPS is only good for outdoor robotics. Another thing is about the accuracy of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Vector 2x

I know everyboard has been sucessfully connected vector 2x to hb. I try to do the same thing as per Tom Brusehaver guides. Connecting as below :- +5V (SPI) to VCC (vector2x) GND(SPI) to GND (vector2x) MISO(SPI) to SDI (vector2x) MOSI(SPI) to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: port addresses

Handyboarders: I had trouble finding these folks, this info might be helpful in locating your manuals. Literature Distribution Center for Motorola Phone: (800) 201-0399 FAX: (303) 675-2140 Email: LDCforMotorola@hibbertco.com Suzanne Ness (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: port addresses

(...) If you haven't already done so, pick up a copy of the motorola chip guides (not sure which version of chip is used in the Handyboard 'A9 version? or E2? Either way, these "Pink books" are absolutely essential to learning the addressing of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  port addresses

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has some kind of table or list to show the address of all the ports and what each bit is for on each port. Iam asking this because I was looking through some modified sonar code as below and wondered how people know (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: PSU robot contest Sat Dec 4, 1999

(...) I was pleasantly surprised to read under the Obstacles section, the following ruling "Robots may not hop, jump, skip, or fly over obstacles or any portion of the arena." One quickly realises that drafting rules for our bots to follow isn't (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Compile Error: extra bytes in stack.

I got this error: Compiler error! 47 extra bytes left on board stack and I read in the technical manuel that all compiler errors must be fixed before I can download a file to the board. How do I fix this error? I have consulted previous postings on (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Please I need help!

Pete, It seems to me that a simple double pole double throw relay could be used to select one or the other module. That way you wouldn't need to tie up any other IC/OC pins. You fire one unit, get the return, then switch the relay and fire the other (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Please I need help!

Hi!, I just asked this question but did not get any help. I need help interfacing two Polaroid 6500's to one HB w/ Expansion Board. This is a project for school and needs to be finished soon that's why I need help. I would really appreciate any help (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  PSU robot contest Sat Dec 4, 1999

Hi All, Penn State Abington will host the second annual Robo-TrailBlazers autonomous robot contest on Sat Dec 4, 1999 at 3pm. The contest is open to all students (and even a few non-student types) as participants. (The contest is HandyBoard and (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  serial input?

Is the handyboard capable of serial input (other than for downloading)? How can I do this? Thanks, Keith@spidersoft.org (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IR problem

Hi, I have tried Max Davies irint.icb, ir.c and test.c files, and I'm having problems, after the file test.c are running, I press STOP, and before I can use the remote, the HB make the beep, and print the data as if data were received, any time I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Data acquisition through analog input

I am sorry, it is www.glolab.com ----- Original Message ----- From: Mulampaka, Kalyan (GEIS, ASI) <Kalyan.Mulampaka@geis.ge.com> To: William Ho <ukho@tm.net.my> Sent: Monday, October 18, 1999 11:10 PM Subject: RE: Data acquisition through analog (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Handyboard low voltage motor control

Good point... There is another way. You can build your own h-bridges using mechanical relays and maybe a few diodes. They drop zero volts, which is good. However, you obviously can't PWM the things. If you just want rudimentary speed control, you (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

That'll work, of course, but that also means I'll be dissapating about 8 volts at .5A through the resistor... Gary Livick wrote in message <380B55B1.1C3703C4@p...ll.net>... (...) to (...) still (...) but (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Handyboard low voltage motor control

How about a resistor in series? Gary Livick (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sharp GP2D02 with out expansion board

Yep, I did. See (URL) Livick (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard low voltage motor control

Hi All, Most of you guys seem to want more power to control motors, well, I want to go the other way. I'm looking to drive 1.5v motors with the handyboard. The lowest voltage the L293 can take is 4.5v (Vmin of Vcc1), and that still has my motors (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  communications

Does anyone know where I could get some really good information concerning serial communication for the handyboard. I'm wondering if it's possible to have the handyboard communicate with a PC and vice versa. I'm looking for something wireless but (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Data acquisition through analog input

(...) Do you mean < www.glolab.com >. Victor (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Data acquisition through analog input

Dear Mr. Kalyan, Maybe you can try those RF module from www.Glalab.com Look for their guide on connecting the holtek IC to their RF module. I believe that will help you a lot. Regards, William (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: need a text editor

(...) I highly recommend TextPad (www.textpad.com). I use it for writing all my C, Java and HTML code. It allows you complete control over formatting (auto-indent, tabs to spaces, etc.) and a multitude of useful tools, including parenthesis (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sharp GP2D02 with out expansion board

Handyboard Community, Has anyone written code for the GP2D02 sensor without the expansion board. I have a group of High school kids that have KISS institute robot kits. This kit comes with a handyboard and LEGO's but no expansion board. Being on a (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  need a text editor

What text editors do you guys use to write your IC code? I am on a Windows98 machine and having a real hard time finding one that doesn't add all of the extra formatting. Or is there an option that I am missing that I can turn the formatting off? (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: UK Suppliers

(...) If you're prepared to mail order, you can get all the Handyboard stuff from the Robot Store, Hong Kong,www.robotstorehk.com I've found Patrick Hui to be most helpful and dependable. -- C S Soh (URL) where air is power (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Interfacing 2 Ultrasonic Modules onto one HB?

Hello, I also would like to see a example of the sonars and expansion board hook-up. I also have a vector 2x compass module that was connected and working before the expansion board was added. Is it possible to connect the sonar and compass to the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Interfacing 2 Ultrasonic Modules onto one HB?

I am trying to interface two Polaroid 6500 ultrasonic ranging modules onto one HB to simplify my project. I know this has been done and it is probably very easy but I am not an electrical engineering expert and cannot figure it out. I have two (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Data acquisition through analog input

Mr. Han, I think you can try to transmit the data through radio frequency transmitter to the receiver which is connected to the PC. I have tried this but it is digital data and not analog. Thanks, Wil. ----- Original Message ----- From: Chul Hun,Han (...) (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  UK Suppliers

Can anyone help me? I'm looking for a UK supplier for the Handyboard, either as a kit or complete. I would also like some advice about how I could integrate the Handyboard into a A-Level physic department. I'm interesting in introducing robotics (...) (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: interfacing the GP2D12

Thats great Gary, This was the same conclusion that I'd come to myself, however I've now run into another problem with the otherwise brilliant 'D12 sensor. I'm currently using the Digitalker speech system from Jameco, and when the 'D12 is plugged in (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  A java tool for real-time talking with people reading the same webpage.

Hi, There is a java software called Wander at (URL) simply dragging and dropping a URL address or a Link to Wander window, you can see and talk to all the people who reading the same webpage right now. It is a good tool for on-line talking, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Start_process problem

alex, each of your processes must be an indefinite loop. otherwise starting them up via start_process just runs through once. so, e.g.: void checkir() { while (1) { if (digital(4)) { /* go backward for some time */ /* turn a little */ /* go forward (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  re: start_process problem

My suggestion is to double check that you double check the simple things withing the code (your code should be executing an infinite loop) while(1) { code .... } If the code is more complex and involves external assembly modules, check that they (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Data acquisition through analog input

-- MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: 1. Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Length: 297 2. Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Length: 1408 (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Start_process problem

Hi When I try to start a process , the code downloads fine , it runs on the board with no errors but it only excutes the first proceess once and none of the others. void main() { start_process(fwrd()); start_process(checkir()); (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: NEW POWER SUPPLY

I think you win the prize for the best solution Giang! - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: NEW POWER SUPPLY

What about this idea? Cut the motor trace as per on Fred's website....than desolder the motor power header (the one that plug into the Handy board) on the expansion board and flip the header upward and resolder it to the expansion board. Then reuse (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: NEW POWER SUPPLY

That is the same thing, except much easier. Plus we save donut money. However, we'd have to look at the effect of 7 volts reverse bias on the motor LED's. Plus, we'd have to make real sure not to short the bent pin 8 to the socket underneath it. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: NEW POWER SUPPLY

Great solution Gary! How about just pulling the L293D/SN754410 from the U11 socket, bending pin-8 out and soldering the REALLY BIG battery positive lead to it, then soldering the negative lead to pin-1 without bending it out, and then reinstalling (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: NEW POWER SUPPLY

This was explained a week or two ago here on the list server. Check back and you'll find out what traces to cut, etc. However, I have found another way that is very simple, and does not require you to make difficult-to-fix cuts on your boards. Just (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  NEW POWER SUPPLY

I NEED TO KNOW THE EXACT STEPS TO CONNECT A NEW MOTOR POWER SUPPLY TO THE HANDYBOARD WHILE IS HAS THE EXTENSION BOARD CONNECTED TO IT. IT'S TO MY UNDERSTANDING THAT THE EXTENSION BOARD SHARES THE SAME SLOT AS THE NEW MOTOR POWER SUPPLY, IS THE ANY (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  More Motor Controller Question

Thanks Fred. That got me going in the right direction. But...... When I poke a value into $7000 I can see the corresponding input pin on the l293 react. But it will not stay in the position that I set it to. It will return back to the initial state (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Upgading HB to 64K

Please follow the link bellow if you are interested in upgrading memory on your HandyBoard to 64KB. Note that this upgrade is currently being tested only on HB running the Java VM. (URL) Gasparik (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  interfacing the GP2D12

Somebody asked the other day about a problem interfacing the Sharp GP2D12. I didn't see an answer, and I just did it myself and solved the problem, so here is how to do it. For those who don't know, Sharp just came out with an IR ranging sensor good (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HandyBoard and Mini SSC-II

HiHi, I am a final year student in HongKong, I'm now trying to build a 6-legged robot, with 2 servos per leg. I would like to use the Handyboard interfacing with 2 Mini SSC-II servo controller, but since I am a new player in robotics, I do not know (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  PWM on tic3

Hi, I want to get the width of a PWM on TIC3 Channel, I wrote an .asm but it doesn't work, I don't know what's wrong? I need your help. Thanks in advance. Said. Here is the .asm program: #include "c:\pcode\include\6811regs.asm" * program equates * (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Motor Controller Question

bruce, for the HB you need to write data to $7000 to control the motors. see appendix B of the 6.270 manual at (URL) also the HB FAQ (URL) your message you said: (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Motor Controller Question

From what I could figure out from the literature on the HB, the motor controller circuit is controlled by Port B on the 6811. With a little tinkerin last nite I was trying to set/reset some of the pins poking values into $1004 (Got this from "An (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Error at address 0x0000

Hi, That error message is actually to do with a fault in the Borland Delphi code for serial transfer, NOT a fault with the HandyBoard! (I use the same Delphi code in my HandyBoard terminal program as the program HBDL). It appears to manily occur on (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: Stepper Motors

(URL) the interactive c page .-----Original Message----- .From: T.C. [mailto:dab8rs_85@yahoo.com] .Sent: Monday, October 11, 1999 3:49 PM .To: handyboard@media.mit.edu .Subject: Stepper Motors . . .Can anyone give me a sample program on how to (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IR sensor for Program download to HandyBoard ??

Hi , I am new to Handyboard and have these IR questions. Can the IR sensor be used to download programs to the HandyBoard? my idea is to dynamically load programs to the handyboard using IR communication . or Can RF communication be used? Is is (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Error at address 0x0000

Hello, i have the same problem with the Error at address 0x0000. First i checked the hardware (Ram,Latch...) but i cant't find a bug. In the archive i found this message that descibe a softwarebug on faster machines. But i tested HBDL with a P133 (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Stepper Motors

Can anyone give me a sample program on how to control a stepper motor and were is a good place to but some that work good with the handy board. TIM ===== (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Handyboard/ USB interface

i have tested several of these with Macintosh. I haven't tested any with PC, but i assume they should work. see (URL) for info on the Mac solutions. f. In your message you said: (...) d (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard/ USB interface

I have heard of USB to RS232 adapters- I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in using these devices to connect to the Handyboard? I recently purchased a new computer, but it only has 4 USB ports, and no RS232 ports!. (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: LM35 Again

Hi, Like an update to my prior email, I have tested the LM35 with an external power source, with the same bad result. Any help will be welcome. Thank You José Luis ----- Original Message ----- From: Jose Luis <hal9000@cvtci.com.ar> To: (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  someone looking for gearbox???

someone was asking about a gearbox for a project ` while surfing tonight I came across this I hope it is what you need <A HREF="(URL)Gearbox with motor</A> (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IR reflective sensors and Polaroid 6500 w/Expansion Board

With the QRB1114 IR reflective sensors does the sensor need voltage supplied or is that just for the transmitter? Because all I am using them for right now is to detect infrared light. Also does the expansion board take up the connectors on the HB (...) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Motors

Tim, Check out www.acroname.com. They have motors there that are a little slow, but are geared DC and run with the HandyBoard 9.6 volts. Use larger wheels to get more speed, or...... If you want the motors to be faster, you can pull one of the L293D (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RF transceiver

Hi , I am a handyboard user and I am trying to build a tele-robot. I am using the transmitter and receiver from Glolab. I have fix up a pair of transceiver namely "A" and "B" (with TM1V and RM1V) as guided in "How Encoders and Decoders work" using (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Motors

no doubt Micro Mo motors are sweet, but if the project is on a hobby budget, also consider: All Electronics -An electronics surplus company with a decent selection of motors and lots of other neat gadgets for robot building. This will be among the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Motors

Try Micro Mo, they have high quality motors and gearheads. They can be pricy if (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact