 Robotics / Events / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.events
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:33:46 GMT

We've talked a lot about theory on this list, but how about an actual
project contest?

I propose a contest.  Be the first to create a robot that can enter a
room
with no obstacles (other than walls), find a randomly placed coke can,
pick
up the can and bring it back to the starting point.  The robot must act
autonomously and have no prior knowledge about the room or the position
of
the coke can.  Bonus points are awarded if you can accomplish this using

just the basic RIS set.

If there are any takers we can define the rules a little better.