 Robotics / Events / 23
Re: The Lego Robogladiator Event that happened at E3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.events
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 00:26:56 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.events, Peter Abrahamson writes:
Dan Danknick of teamdelta.com has updated his site
to include to Robogladiator
event. You guys should check it out. • http://www.teamdelta.com/roboglad/index.html

"The RCX brick can send and receive 255 discrete
commands over the IR port."

In the RIS code the "Send to RCX" and "RCX Sensor Watcher"
allow you to send and recieve between two RCX units. This
is how we were able to get wireless control. Each "Send To
RCX" and "RCX Sensor Watcher" requires a # between 1 and
255. The RCX, once programed, only looks for those #s before
it will implement the command relating to the #. Of course
this requires two RCXs, thats the downside. But the
investment is well worth it. We created controllers using
touch sensors and rotation sensors. Look at the website
again, some of the pics show off the contollers we were using.

Thanks. But looking at the Spirit.ocx document from Lego's
software devolpment kit it said it was possible to send any
(of 32)variable, since some of those can range from -30thou to
+same what happens to the excess, or have I got my screen
upside down again and misreading the pdf?
James from Oz