 Robotics / CyberMaster / 77
Re: Dead Cybermaster, please help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 01:41:31 GMT

Hi,
I have purchased several kits on e-bay recently and in two of them the
motors were jammed. In both cases the seller replaced them (they were
supposed to be new kits). Can you turn the motor spindle by hand? If not, it
is jammed and that is the problem. Also, if you have another motor it would
be worth trying that. Good luck!

In lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, Bob Sardelli writes:
I bought a opened Cybermaster on eBay.  Once I finally got to the place
where the motors are tested (hate that software!, please lego don't put
building instructions on CD!) the internal motors work but the externally
connected one does not.  I have switched wires and used motors that I know
work but no luck.  I've tried the Cybermaster software and RCXcc.  When
trying to run it, the motor seems to twitch for a second but thats all.  Any
ideas?  Looks like a short.

I'm hoping that I can call Lego for a replacement but I haven't tried that
yet.  Do I call the LSAH number or another?

Any help is appreciated, TIA

Bob Sardelli