 Robotics / 9958
Re: ***RCX tell scout***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:12:21 GMT

The RCX can communicate with the scout using the IR link, any programming
system
(including the RIS standard stuff) that can send/receive messages via IR
link can communicate
with the Scout.

The Scout SDK (available from http://www.legomindstorms.com) documents the
messages
that a Scout in stand-alone mode can understand, and if you want to get
fancier, you can
program the Scout using the Scout assembly code that comes with the SDK.

The Scout, in turn, can communicate with the Micro-Scout (from the Droid
set) to use
the micro-scout as, effectively, a 3rd motor using the visual light link
(run a lego fiber optic
from the light emitter on the scout to the light sensor on the micro-scout).

-Peter