 Robotics / 9881
Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 17:12:05 GMT

The thing to do would be to extrude the axles out of an aluminum alloy like
6061-T6. They would be about 20 times stiffer and weigh twice as much.

If they were stainless steel, they would be 50 times stiffer and weigh six
times as much.

Regards, Dave Paule

In lugnet.robotics, David Martineau writes:
maybe I should just bug my
machinist friends to carve me some steel axles :-)

What an idea! This might be something we all could use! Think about it...
Aluminum axles! Stronger than the plastic and just as light. Maybe an alloy
would work better.