 Robotics / 9848
  Re: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

I spent a _lot_ of time trying to get a non-sensored R&P steering system to work, using pulleys, rubber bands (both as drives and springs), and you-name-it! I finally gave up, but did manage to build one with only _one_ sensor that was very (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

I too spent quite some time trying to build a steering mechanism from standard Mindstorms parts. After many rebuilds I still wasn't quite satisfied. The final version actually worked pretty well, but was much too bulky (not as bulky as Doug's (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

I'm working on my first original robot, having built the 3 in the Constructopedia and modified them a bit. I'm currently on my 4th R&P design: the first two just didn't work, and the 3rd had a turning circle larger than my living room. It (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)