 Robotics / 9794
    Re: subassemblies —John Matthews
   What you are talking about has previously been called 'LEGO Design Cliches' by Fred Martin. Fred has written a paper called The Art of LEGO Design which features some of these cliches and is well worth the read. You can find it linked in .pdf form (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: subassemblies —Allan Bedford
     John Matthews <jmatthew@columbus.rr.com> wrote in article <Fny61s.IsG@lugnet.com>... (...) Cliches' (...) HTML at the following URL: (URL) the quality of the pictures isn't as good as the .pdf file, it's handy for a quick read. (...) Although I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

         Re: subassemblies —Greg Crisp
     Ever since I read Fred's article, I've had thoughts in the back of my head about this sort of thing. I would love to see this done and/or be involved in doing it. If only there were time.... <sigh> - Greg (...) G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Patterns (was subassemblies) —David Leeper
   I think a collection of patterns that Mark Crosbie mentioned is an excellent idea. As John Matthews pointed out, Fred Martin as a short collection of these at the MIT web site. My personal opinion of Fred's work is that it is usefull, but contains (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)