 Robotics / 9780
    Design Problem —Charlie Young
    Its a Drop Zone amusement ride. The cars are pulled up to the top and then they fall down. Ive used magnets to attach the cars to the lifter but i cant figure out how to brake the cars. I dont have any pictures up yet. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Design Problem —Tilman Sporkert
   The drop zone ride in the Great America ride across the street uses magnetic effects, without mechanic contact. Not reproducible with Lego... Braking the fall directly is probably not easy. I'd look into intalling something on the lower part of the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Design Problem —Andy Gombos
   Take the bent beams and attach them to a motor. When the car is at the top, the motor turns the beams, and the beams push the car off the magnets. To stop the car, you can have 2 sets of repulsing magnets - one on the car, and another on the bottom. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)