 Robotics / 9758
9757  |  9759
Subject:
Mindstorms destroy my pocketbook!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:56:05 GMT

Mine is a tale of woe....

My officemate pointed me to the Mindstorms website.  I peeked, and
within 24 hours was at the local Discovery Center looking at a RIS 1.0
and the Games addon.  A nice salesclerk came up and explained that the
Games set was just an addon... I needed the RIS just to play.  I sighed
noncomittally, and continued to heft the kits in my hands.  After 10
minutes of watching me look at the boxes, the nice lady returned with a
25% off store coupon!  I immediately grabbed two of the RIS sets
(already I was not thinking clearly:  there were three in the store.)
Not a bad deal thinks I... 2 kits for $300.

I began to build robots, and then I found my real character flaw:  I
can't wantonly destroy a robot I've made unless I record a few pictures
of it for posterity.  So, today, I had to buy a digital camera (DCR
PC-100) to memorialize my sad inventions.

Does anyone else have this disease?

-- Michael Naunton