 Robotics / 9753
Re: Linking RCX and CyberMaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:53:50 GMT

But what about linking them via an output and an input? Just connect a • cable to
the output of the cybermaster and the input of the RCX and you can send • signals
to the RCX. That way you can radiocontrol the cybermaster vehicle and • trigger
some action of a mounted RCX device (a robot arm or something)?

I'm not a big light in hardware, so perhaps the direct link will not work
(short-circuit?)

Could be...

and you will need to put some kind of relay between the two?
Does anyone know better than I do?

There's no need for a relay (I think it would work too, but a relay is
rather large to fit elegantly in a LEGO housing).  There is a way to link
Cybermaster and RCX described on the website of Bert Van Dam at
http://www.bvandam.net .  Just head over to the section about "The Real
McCoy".  Here's the description to link a Scout, a Cybermaster and an RCX
together.

Hoe this helped you...

Simon