 Robotics / 9738
Re: Newbie's questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 21:22:59 GMT

Don't hold your breath. The Big Shop at Legoland in Carlsbad California stocks a
very complete line of Lego sets (including Scala, Belle (?), and a few Dacta
sets), and many service packs. Nothing beyond that. All at full retail price. No
bulk parts or tubs. The only good deals were bins loaded with small sets for
$1.95 and $2.95 each. These sets usually cost up to $8 in stores. And many
Technic sets were not available in the store either. For every $50 you spend,
you get a free Lego lunch box. I believe annual or life-time ticket holders get
a 10% discount or so.

Annual (Primo) pass holders get a 10% discount on 4 restaurants and "merchandise"
which specifically excludes LEGO sets. OTOH, they sent us "locals" a 20% discount
good for one purchase (which we used on a bunch of sets)  that we used on Christmas
Eve.

-Ted