 Robotics / 9631
Re: Scout Datalog?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 02:36:14 GMT

I don't think the Scout has a datalog - at least I haven't found the
operations for the datalog listed in the SDK.  I'm not really surprised -
the Scout has precious little RAM, so the datalog would be very limited.

I believe the upload comment refers to the fact that you can upload the
Scout's memory.  I believe people are starting to put together a fairly
comprehensive memory map for the Scout, which means you could read some
values, store them in certain variables, then upload them by knowing where
in the memory map those variables are stored.

Dave Baum

In article <386E8554.CBD10B25@ne.infi.net>, gombos@ne.infi.net wrote:

Does anyone know if the Scout can have a datalog? On page 26 of the
Scout SDK it says that 'data blocks of variable size' can be uploaded.
This sounds suspiciously like a datalog, but I can not find any other
reference to it in the whole SDK. It just sounds interesting, so I
thought I'd ask.

Andy

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com