 Robotics / 9514
Re: Heelo World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 08:50:03 GMT

Hi David,

Very interesting project, I see you take it very seriously! I'm very
interested to see your follow up!

CU  Bert

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Lego pBricks www.bvandam.net

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: David Leeper <david.leeper@destiny.com>
Aan: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Datum: dinsdag 28 december 1999 19:06
Onderwerp: Heelo World

Hi,

My name's Dave Leeper and I've been reading the message a lugnet.robotics • for a
few weeks now, and thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been a computer programmer for 17 years and just started getting into
robotics about a month ago with my purchase of a a LEGO RIS system. I now • have
two RIS's, with plans to buy a third.

I'm currently working on building a simple android. I've completed the • building
blocks of its mind, called SoftBricks. SoftBricks gives a robot an • individual
identify, provides decision making tools, tools for sending large messages • to
individual robots over the RCX IR port, and creating simple, but extremely
flexible maps. I'm currently building the prototype for a human hand and • arm.
You can read about the project, and download code, by visiting my web site • at:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Dome/5088/index.htm

I've really enjoyed the discussions here. They've shown me just how • flexible
these Lego systems are. Thanks for all the useful threads, and I look • forward
to hearing your opinions of my android project. :)

David Leeper (builds robots)