 Robotics / 920
  Re: legOS

(...) I'd have to disagree on this point. I write in assembler which manipulates register bits directly and is considered software. Firmware is simply software that does NOT reside on magnetic media. (...) Jim West NIC Team Lead MCI Worldcom (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Definition of firmare [was: legOS]

Ok, my turn!!!! Hardware is the thing you can't change without a soldering iron or other tools. Software is what you think it is. Firmware is those things that are *both*: it's written like software, but you need to perform hardware-style actions to (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Definition of firmare [was: legOS]

stephen p spackman writes: > Hardware is the thing you can't change without a soldering iron or other > tools. > > Software is what you think it is. This thread has wandered too far afield. Take this discussion off the list please. (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)