 Robotics / 8981
Re: New Gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:53:47 GMT

Mike,

These gears can also be found in set 8448, the red supercar. There's even
two sizes of the 'tire' gears. I think they mesh a lot better than the
ordinary technic gears.

Have fun,

Arjen

"Mike Kory" <kory@advancenet.net> wrote in message
My kids and I are putting together the new Battle Droid (#8001) and we • seem
to have two new gears. At least, new to me.
One is marked Z20, 32198. It's a 20 tooth bevel crown gear and is used to
mesh with a normal sized 12 tooth crown.
The other is a new style gear. It's fat and somewhat rounded, like a tire.
It's used in this model like a knob but it's a 20 tooth gear that looks • like
it meshes ok with other gears.

Here's a picture of them:
http://www.advancenet.net/~kory/lego/gears.gif

-Mike Kory