 Robotics / 8804
Re: Scout memory map and variable extraction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:45:01 GMT

Hi Bert,
I plan on doing a memory map on my site soon. Maybe this weekend. What I had
found earlier is different than what you've found. I'll have to look into
this some more.
My findings (in Hex--sorry I know you like decimal):

233 2 bytes, a pointer to the start of sub 1
235 sub 2
237 sub 3
239 task 1
23b task 2
23d task 3
23f task 4
241 task 4
243 task 5

by the way all subroutines end with the F6 byte code.

Also, if you look in Scoutdef.h you can see the address of various variable
and things.
For example: (again in hex:)
The state of the touch sensor 1 (T1) is at 12E.
T2 is at 12F.
Light sensor is 130.
The raw value for T1 is at 134 (2 bytes), T2 at 136 and the light sensor at
138.
The battery level is at 13A, multiply this value by .109 to get the voltage.

Global variables are from 1B7 to 1CA (2 bytes each).
The counters are at 22b and 22D
The message "mail box" is at 96.

The state of the motors A,B and "C" are at: 144,145,146

Again, I'll double check things and get some examples of downloading code to
the Scout and stuff like that soon.

Mike

Bert van Dam <bvandam@westbrabant.net> wrote in message
To allow for easier debugging of the Scout I've written a program (in • Quick
Basic) that retreives variables from the Scout while it is running a
program. The variables (listed 0 -16) are displayed on the PC screen and
refreshed a the touch of the space bar.

If you're interested in in the section Scout/MemoryMap on my site.

CU  Bert

Lego robots and artificial intelligence www.bvandam.net