 Robotics / 8797
Re: How long is a chain? - Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:46:56 GMT

Thanks to everyone who responded to my chain length question. Of course I
could have thought of the relation to gear diameter...

Thanks,
Stefan

It was clever of you to ask. I didn't think of it, and my own calculations
were somehow grossly inaccurate. As a result, I wound up ordering eighteen
feet or so of chain! (some of which I would happily trade for some of those
worthless 24-tooth white clutch gears everyone's annoyed about 8-)

Regards,
Issac.