 Robotics / 8709
Re: Jumping 'bots?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:42:32 GMT

Whoops--forgot to mention: The big tires actually, if spun fast enough, will
slip off the hubs. Apparently there's enough force--if it's turning fast
enough--to stretch out the tire to the point where it can slide off the hub.
The MindStorms motors are geared down, but the old-style 4.5V Expert
Builder/Technic motor (http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=1175-1 )
would actually run fast enough to do this.

--Doug "Spent too Much time Playing with Motors" Wilcox

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Lannan <shakguy@hotmail.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: Jumping 'bots?

Funny that this thread should come up again today- I saw on the Early Show
this morning these cool remote controlled two-legged bots that stood up by
themselves and balanced using a gyro-scope. A one legged hopper could • probably
balance this way, but I don't know of a lego part heavy enough to be used • as a
flywheel.

Chris