 Robotics / 8670
Re: Automatic Transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:07:27 GMT

From: "Robert Eddings" <webmake@bellsouth.net>
I have been working on building an automatic transmission for quite some
time but have yet to come up with satisfactory solutions. I am looking
for additional ideas to try. What I consider to be an automatic
transmission in this case is:

If you search both lugnet and rec.toys.lego (via http://www.deja.com) you
should find many discussions of this.  As far as I can tell no one has come
up with a satisfactory design which is purely mechanical and can be
implemented using standard lego pieces.

The only design that I've been able to build myself used the sliding worm
gear method that you already mentioned.  I ran into the same issues that you
did.

alex