 Robotics / 8628
RE: Tilt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 02:19:10 GMT

That should be trivial. I've used one of those
mercury-bubble-in-a-glass-tube switches from a thermostat in a model
railroad application before. Check
http://www.activesw.com/people/tilman/lgb_sheep.html for the story and a
picture. It should work just like a touch sensor. However, it is fairly
large, and I have my kids (1 and 4) involved in my Lego projects. Having
glass and mercury around would make me nervous.

Tilman

Ayyone made a tilt sensor yet out of an old switch or an old
thermostat? It
wouldn't be a linear function. It would be like a touch sensor,
reporting if
the tilt angle was reached.