 Robotics / 8590
  Sensor boxes

Remiss of me I know, but to who ever suggested buying Duplo bricks to use as sensor boxes - A1 ! I hollowed out a pair of BIG 2x2 this weekend to put the Dinsmore compass and circuitry in. Makes a great package ! Thanks again ! JB (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor boxes

G'Day Another great housing for sensors, are the 'fun' packs that Smarties(TM) sometimes come in. At least up in Canada, anyway. The package is a two DUPLO brick high case with a hinged snap top lid and solid bottom, of course with Duplo size studs (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor boxes

(...) ! Would you care to share your interface for the Dinsmore compass? Did you use the digital one or the analog one? I suspect the digital, the analog unit is IMO overpriced... Enquiring minds want to know! DLC (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor boxes

Hi, I don't suppose you could give more details of how you interfaced the dinsmore compass? Is it the digital variety or the analogue variety? We are using Lego Mindstorms for a university project and would be very interested in any information you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor boxes

I too have brought the Dinsmore compass. Mine is the Digital version (4 o/c o/p's corresponding to N,S,E,W) I am going to try using Gasperi's (sp?) general purpose analog interface and try summing the compass O/P's to get reading between the 4 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor boxes

mike barrett <mike@mbarrett.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:FLz7q7.9nq@lugnet.com... (...) o/c (...) looking (...) Michael Nielsen has a circuit like this on his page: (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)